Advantages of Powder Coating and How it works
Looks like Paint, Acts Like Armor! States the Powder Coating Institute.
Powder Coating is a revolution to colour coating that is a technically advanced way to apply an extreme protective finish to metal.This process will show outstanding results every time, saving your product, your money and the test of time.The powder process begins by first cleaning the part by either washing, sandblasting or beadblasting the item to a dry, bare surface. At GALAXIE we provide the sandblasting and beadblasting services.Then, a special electrostatic spray gun is used to apply a layer of powder to the positively grounded item. The charged powder adheres to the metal item. Once coated, the metal item is then baked in Galaxie’s 25 foot oven. The heat melts the dry powder to a Gel State.
The process that binds the powder to the metal is also known as the Curing Stage. Further curing of the gel will harden into an extremely tough and durable finish, which is VERY hard and has NO POROSITY… Thus making it a pefect coat! (Unlike wet paint). We use a Primer base coat for steel and then your choice of colour – We do have several different “CLEAR COATS ” in stock for that can be applied over a base colour for that EXTRA SPECIAL PROJECT!
Look around and you will see lots of everyday items, both indoor and outdoor, that are now powder coated- railing/ fencing, signs, shelving , automotive parts from rims to the frames, quad parts, sled parts, patio furniture, playground equipment, garden and work tools, metal outdoor decor are just a few of the examples.
Powder Coating has been around for many years and in the last 5 years, some great improvements have been made both in durability and in finishes.
FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES OF POWDER COATING:
- Powder coating can produce a much thicker coating than conventional paint without running or sagging.
- Powder Coatings produce less harmful waste than conventional paint or liquid coatings.
- Powder Coatings emit zero or a near zero volatile organic compounds (VOCs), making the process environmentally friendly
- There are no toxic or harmful chemicals released into the air.
- Powder Coatings produce an exceptionally high quality finish to those of liquid or wet paint, because it is applied ELECTROSTATICALLY.
- most colours are UV stable
- Chip and rust resistant compared to that of a wet paint.
- Can be applied to nearly all metals.
- A wide range of specialty effects can easily be acquired – Textures, Antiquing, etc., for the look that you want. From a Clear Coat to Candy to a full palette of colours to choose from (Over 10,000). You can have the custom look you desire, bring in your paint chip, and we will do our best to match it.
Check out the Advantages of Ceramic Coating
Any Questions? Don’t hesitate to give us a call! @ 250-547-6779